Cheddar and Chive Biscuits
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Yield 1 dozen biscuits
2 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface 1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 whole Green onions ( thinly sliced )
1/2 cup (1 stick ) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces 1/2 to 1 cup Misha's smoked cheddar
3/4 cup-1 cup nut milk or buttermilk
1 tbsp Fresh parsley ,( minced )
2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and sliced green onions.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
- Pour buttermilk over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Gently fold in cheese
- After kneading the biscuit dough, turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Pat the
dough to 1 inch thick
- With a floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out rounds. Arrange rounds evenly onto the
prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with cream or egg wash. ( optional )
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the topping, whisk together butter, parsley in a small bowl. Brush the tops of the
biscuits with the butter mixture.