CHEESY BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP “SMOKED CHEDDAR”
- 1/2 LBS BROCCOLI, CUT IN FLORETS
- 1 1/2 LBS CAULIFLOWER, CUT IN FLORETS
- 2 TBSP OIL
- 2 TBSP UNSALTED BUTTER
- 1 CUP ONIONS CHOPPED
- 2 TBSP GARLIC MINCED
- 4 - 6 CUPS VEGETABLE BROTH OR CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 CUP CASHEW CREAM (1 CUP SOAKED OVERNIGHT CASHEWS BLENDED SMOOTH)
- 1 CUP MISHA'S SMOKED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 1/4 TSP THYME
- 1/4 TSP GARLIC POWDER
- 1/4 TSP ONION POWDER
- 1/4 TSP SALT
- 1/4 TSP BLACK PEPPER
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Separate broccoli and cauliflower florets on two sheet pans. Drizzle both pans with two tablespoons of olive oil each and season with a generous pinch of kosher salt.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until caramelized and knife tender. Swap racks halfway during roasting.
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add the butter, onions, and garlic to the pot. Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Pour in the broth and the roasted cauliflower and broccoli.
- Cover, turn the heat down to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion stick blender or regular blender to purée the soup until it's smooth.
- Add in the cashew cream and Smoked Cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and thyme
- Blend until the cheese is melted and everything is combined. Taste for seasoning and serve.